The rain and wind was a constant factor in most if not all of the events at Saturday's Jay Hammer Invitational Track and Field Meet hosted by St. Martin's University in Lacey, WA. NWAC athletes and teams participating included Mt. Hood CC of Gresham, OR, Green River College of Auburn, WA, Clark College of Vancouver, WA and Olympic College of Bremerton, WA. Also competing were NCAA D II schools Western Washington University, Seattle Pacific University, St. Martin's University and Concordia University.
Men's Team Highlights:
- Jaydon Tryon lead off the meet in the javelin, throwing 167'10" for second, placing him 10th in the NWAC. Fellow thrower Geoffrey McGaughey also made finals.
- Ethan Hess qualified for finals in the Discus, placing 8th with a throw of 103' 10". Jake Donovan was a close 9th with 102' 4".
- A trio of Trojans threw in the Men's shot put, lead by Scottie Miller with 33' 8". Teammates Jake Donovan and Ethan Hess threw 33' 0.5" and 31' 1" for 12th and 16th respectively.
- Markell Carter placed 5th in the Men's long jump, hitting 20' 9".
- The Men's 3000m featured Tim Mandzyuk and Nathan McGinty, running 9:12.02 and 9:31.45 for 11th and 16th.
- Three Trojans ran the 1500m, with Galmo Said and Tim Mandzyuk placing 5th and 7th in their heats running 4:20.62 and 4:24.03. Said's time moves him up to 14th on the NWAC Top Performers list.
- Isaiah Funston and Greg Panther both dipped under the 2:00 barrier in the 800m with a 1:58.08 and 1:59.22. Their times were good for 4th and 5th overall, with Panther winning his heat by over 3 seconds. Funston ranks first in the NWAC with the only auto-qualifying mark, and Panther is ranked 4th. Teammate Galmo Said also competed in the 800m, placing 5th in his heat with a 2:10.62
- Langston Barlow and Ryan Hascall competed in the Men's 200m, running 22.79 and 24.44. Barlow won his heat and placed 5th overall. He is now ranked 8th in the NWAC.
- Dimeji Adekanbi, Sadath Aboudou and Ryan Hascall ran the Men's 100m. Adekanbi placed second overall with a 10.75, a mark that is currently leading the NWAC. Aboudou won his heat and placed 8th overall with a time of 11.30, ranking him 10th in the NWAC. Hascall also won his heat in 11.98.
- The Men's 4x100m team of Adekanbi, Aboudou, Duncan, and Barlow placed a close 2nd to St. Martin's with a time of 42.69 seconds. This mark puts them second in the NWAC.
- The Men's 4x400 also placed 2nd, this time to Western Washington. The team comprised of Sadath Aboudou, Isaiah Funston, Greg Panther, and Langston Barlow ran 3:28.21, which ranks them second in the NWAC.
Women's Team Highlights:
- Taylor Dewing and Courtney Ball both competed in the Women's long jump, hitting 16' 0.5" and 13' 9.75". Dewing was 4th overall, and Ball was 4th in her flight.
- Taylor Dewing also competed in the 100m hurdles, overcoming a near fall to place 5th with a time of 17.9.
- Ellee London and Maylynn Cendejas both competed in the Women's 3000m run. London placed 5th with a time of 11:09.15, and Cendejas placed 10th with a 12:28.54.
- Sandra Hart ran the Women's 800m after competing in the 400m. She placed 4th in her heat with a 2:39.29.
- Mona Kahsai both ran the Women's 400m. Kahsai ran 1:06.73 for 4th in her heat, and Hart was 3rd in her heat with a 1:09.79.
- Courtney Ball also competed in the Women's 100m, running 14.26.