Everett entered the series against Olympic as the 1st place team, ahead of Edmonds by three games in the North Region standings and the number one ranked team in the NWAC. Games one and two were on the road, and the Trojans split the day, winning game one in a close 5-4 ball game where EvCC would come from behind to win. After trailing 3-2 in the 7th inning, the Trojans took the lead with a Nolan Smith 2 run home run, and then tacked on another run in the 8th. That run would prove to be important as Olympic would get another run themselves in the 8th. Holding on to a one run lead in the bottom of the 9th Olympic would threaten with 2 runners on and only one out. Gabe Smith entered the game and struck out the final two batters to secure the win.
Despite the momentum of winning game one, the Everett offense came up cold in game 2 and only mustered one run on six hits. Trailing 2-1 in the top of the 9th Everett still had a chance when they got a two out rally started and two runners on, but Olympic got the final out on a pop up to split the day.
EvCC returned home on Cinco de Mayo re-focused and dominated both games, winning game 3, 7-1 and game 4, 11-0 in 7 innings.
The three wins keeps the Trojans (ranked #1 in the NWAC) two games up on Edmonds (ranked #5 in the NWAC), and the top two teams in the North Region will square off this weekend. Games 1 and 2 will be played on Friday at Edmonds, and games 3 and 4 will be played at Everett Memorial on Sunday.
Game 1 at Olympic Highlights, 5-4 Win
- Austin Hauck 3 for 4 with a double and 1 run scored
- Tyler McClain 1 for 4 with a solo home run
- Nolan Smith 1 for 3 with a 2 run home run
- Gabe Smith came in relief with two on and one out, and struck out the final two batters
Game 2 at Olympic Highlights, 1-2 Loss
- Sam Linscott 2 for 5 with a double and a stolen base
- Tyler McClain 1 for 2 and drew 2 walks
- Kyle Rodriguez 1 for 3, drew a walk and scored a run
- Jacob Bradley pitched 5.1 innings gave up 2 runs on 2 hits and struck out 4
- Connor Olmstead pitched 2.2 innings, gave up 2 hits and no runs
Game 3 at Everett Highlights, 7-1 Win
- Sam Linscott 1 for 4 with a double and scored 3 runs
- Kyle Rodriguez 2 for 4 with a double, scored a run and drove in 3
- Tyler McClain 2 for 4, drew a walk, and drove in 2 runs
- Mitch Albin 2 for 4 with a stolen base and scored a run
- Zach Boswell went 7.2 innings, gave up 4 hits, 1 run and struck out 8
Game 4 at Everett Highlights, 11-0 Win
- Kyle Rodriguez 2 for 4 with a triple, RBI, and 2 runs scored
- Mitch Albin 1 for 3 with a stolen base, 2 runs scored, and 2 RBI's
- Mauro Owens 1 for 2, drew a walk, scored 2 runs, and drove in 1
- Colton Richards 1 for 2, drew a walk, and had a 3 run double
- Paul Falco went 6 innings, gave up 4 hits, no runs and struck out 5