Athletic Scholarship/Waiver Acknowledgement
Please Read Carefully And Be Sure You Understand
- I must be registered for at least 12 credits before the scholarship and/or waiver will be applied to my account.
- I understand that if I drop below 12 credits during the quarter that any scholarship and/or a waiver that has been applied to my account, I will have to pay it back, or it will be sent to collections.
- I must pass at least 12 credits, with a D or better the quarter prior to receive the next quarter, if it was offered.
- If in the prior quarter, I do not pass at least 12 credits I know I do not receive the current quarter. I understand that if I pass at least 12 credits during the current quarter, I will receive the next quarter if it is offered. – Example – Offered scholarship fall, winter & spring; Do not pass at least 12 credits fall quarter, so my winter quarter scholarship is removed; If I pass at least 12 credits winter quarter, I will receive spring quarter.
- If I quit the team, OR if I am dismissed from the team due to violating team policies including but not limited to: not following team travel rules/expectations; being disrespectful to my coach or teammates. I will not receive my scholarship and/or waiver, and I may have to pay back the current quarter if I received it.
- If the coach “cuts” me from the team due to lack of athletic ability, I will still receive the scholarship and/or waiver I was offered on my Letter of Intent.
- I understand that if I violate any terms of the Student-Athlete Code of Ethics or Conduct Code, my scholarship and/or waiver will be removed and I may have to pay back the current quarter if I received it.
- I understand that I must attend all mandatory team activities both in and out of season including but not limited to: study halls; strength and conditioning; fundraising events; community service events; etc. A student-athlete may not be able to attend every event, in which case the head coach must be notified in advance if attendance is not possible. Missing or lack of participation in mandatory team activities may result in the loss of scholarship and/or waiver at the coach and athletic director’s discretion.